A graduate of the Doctoral Program in Psychology Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga is expected to have standard qualifications covering attitudes, knowledge and skills summarized in the following five competencies:
- Ability to master the concepts and theories underlying the science of psychology (Knowledge Base of Psychology Competence).
- Ability to be scientific and critical towards the discipline of psychology and social reality to find solutions to new problems in psychology (Critical Thinking and Application of Psychology Competence).
- Ability to organize and conduct research to develop or find new concepts, models or theories in psychology that are beneficial for mankind (Research Competence).
- Ability to communicate ideas and thoughts scientifically both orally and in writing (Communication Competence).
- Ability to apply psychologist’s code of ethics and to appreciate universal values of humanity (Value in Psychology Competence).
Graduates of the Doctoral Program in Psychology Faculty of Psychology Universitas Airlangga have the right to hold an academic degree of Doctor (Dr.)